May 15th, 2018 by farmayard
045 - Nothing But Billions in Benefits Part 1 of 6
with host Linda Borghi and guest Wayne Roberts
Wayne takes us down the garden path of billions of dollars of free public services. So how can you benefit? If you are a gardener, listen up because this especially applies to YOU!
Wayne Roberts is a Canadian food policy analyst and writer, widely respected for his role as the manager of the [Toronto Food Policy Council], a citizen body of 30 food activists and experts that is widely recognized for its innovative approach to food security, from 2000-2010. As a leading member of the City of Toronto’s Environmental Task Force, he helped develop a number of official plans for the city that were adopted in 2000-2001. So these plans are working!
He shares the 3 billion dollars of savings today that is available for the public benefit, starting with recycling food waste. Your city could be saving big time! Not to mention preventing serious water pollution, improving soil health which in turn creates nutrient density of food and improving human health & the environment. Wayne can show you how to make this a reality in your city! We need to spread this word! This is the first of 6 enlightening episodes!
This podcast is made possible by funding by our Patreon supporters.
Please support our podcast at https://www.patreon.com/FarmAYard
- https://www.patreon.com/posts/down-garden-path-18822082 - Wayne Robert’s guest article & linked resources
- http://farmayard.podbean.com/ - Podcast webpage
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/farmayard/ - Facebook Movement Community
- http://farm-a-yard.com - Join the Movement, get on our email list and check out our blog
- https://www.facebook.com/letsfarmyouryard/ - Our Facebook Like Page
- https://www.youtube.com/user/lborghi1?&ab_channel=Farm-a-Yard - Our YouTube channel
Music credit: “Insomnia” by John Sheehan. Used with permission.