041 - Soil Health: The First Amendment
with host Linda Borghi and guest Evan Folds, the Soil Doctor
Welcome to Week 2 of our Grow It Don’t Mow It - 30 Days to Starting a Successful Yard Farm! This week is all about Soil Health.
You’ll find a new post every day in April on our Patreon feed with different information on how to plan and start your food garden this year. If you’re joining us after April 2018, please make sure to check out our Patreon feed for all our delightful garden-starting content.
We owe our existence to the the top few inches of topsoil. Pretty important, hey?. Why do you need a Soil Doctor? What is good soil? What are microbes all about? What about bagged soil? (which should more accurately be called “dirt”... why?) Why soil testing? We first need to learn how to grow healthy soil, before we can grow healthy plants and ultimately healthy people!
You won’t want to miss this episode, it is critical to your success in growing healthy soil and nutrient dense food!
This podcast is made possible by funding by our Patreon supporters.
Please support our podcast at https://www.patreon.com/FarmAYard
- https://gardenculturemagazine.com/?s=evan+folds - Articles by Evan Folds in Garden Culture magazine
- www.beagriculture.com Evan Folds, the Soil Doctor - 10% discount on Be Agriculture services - mention or use discount code farmayard
- Sponsor: Raising Chickens in Your Backyard course on Udemy $9.99 coupon - http://revx.me/fay041
- http://farmayard.podbean.com/ - Podcast webpage
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/farmayard/ - Facebook Movement Community
- http://farm-a-yard.com - Join the Movement, get on our email list and check out our blog
- https://www.facebook.com/letsfarmyouryard/ - Our Facebook Like Page
- https://www.youtube.com/user/lborghi1?&ab_channel=Farm-a-Yard - Our YouTube channel
Music credit: “Insomnia” by John Sheehan. Used with permission.